Change4Life is a public health programme which aims to help families and middle aged make small, sustainable yet significant improvements to their diet, activity levels and alcohol consumption.
Check out the NHS’s Change For Life programme (external link) for advice on:
- 5 A Day – suggestions for ways to eat the recommended 5 portions of fruit and veg each day.
- Watch the salt – advice on reducing the amount of salt eaten each day, ideally keeping it to below 6g for adults.
- Cut back fat – information about the (mainly saturated) fat found in foods and ways to reduce this.
- Sugar swaps – information about sugar found in foods and suggestions for healthier alternatives.
- Choose less booze – ways for adults cut down on alcohol consumption to within government lower-risk guidelines.
- Get going every day – why it’s important to lead an active lifestyle and ways for adults and children to do this cheaply and easily.